At long last, my wait is over, and I have a StarBook MK. VI. Was it worth it? Well, you'll have to wait a little longer for my full review.
It's light, superfast, and stylish. I ordered Ubuntu 22.04 preinstalled with coreboot, and everything appears to work as expected out-of-the-box.
Here's a recap of the specifications:
- Intel® Core® 12th generation i7 processor
- 16 GB 3200 MHz memory
- 960 GB over-provisioned SSD
- 1920×1080 Full-HD Resolution full matte display
- coreboot open-source firmware
- StarPort 12-port USB-C PD Hub
- 65W GaN USB-C Power Adapter
- 5 m and 2 m power cords
Before I start setting up the laptop to meet my needs, I'll first reinstall Ubuntu 22.04 with encrypted root on ZFS.
So, expect a review and installation guides soon. However, until next time, I'll leave a few photos of the StarBook.